Are you still not familiar with the idea of a Chromebook laptop? Well, it started off as a low-priced substitute to conventional laptops, and eventually grew to great popularity, thanks to the ultra-lightweight OS and highly mobile design. In today’s times, you can choose from a variety of Chromebooks, ranging from advanced models with hi-res displays and lighting fast processors, to basic models. What differentiates a Chromebook from other laptop PCs is the Chrome operating system, designed to utilise web applications and cloud storage, rather than loading programs and files onto an internal hard drive. And you have a new category of laptop which is thin, light, and run on Google’s minimalistic Chrome OS, based on open source Linux.
Now let’s take a look at How to Print From Chromebook to HP Printer:
- Add the printer to the Chromebook: the printer should be connected to your Chromebook with a wireless or USB cable connection to complete the setup. You do not need any app or drivers for the same. Just make sure that the Chromebook is updated to the latest version of Chrome OS, the printer is turned on, ink cartridges are installed, and plain paper is loaded in the main tray.
- Next, connect the printer USB cable to the Chromebook, or for wireless printing, place the printer close to the Chromebook, within the range of the Wi-Fi router, and then connect the printer to the local Wi-Fi network.
- Click the clock on the bottom right corner on the Chromebook, and then click the Settings icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen and select the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Scroll to the ‘Printing’ section, click ‘Printers’, and then click ‘Add Printer’. In case your printer displays that option, click it, and then click Add. If you do not get that display, click ‘Add Manually’, and then follow the instructions to add the printer.
- In the final step, you can open the item you want to print, click on the Chrome browser settings icon, and then select Print. Next to Destination, choose Change, and then select your printer.
- In the final step of How to Print From Chromebook to HP Printer, change any print settings as required, and then click Print.
Additionally, you can also check out the following installation and set-up options with regard to How to Print From Chromebook to HP Printer:
- HP Print for Chrome app: supports printing through the Chrome browser to USB and network connected printers.
- Google Cloud Print: this allows you to print from anywhere, from any web-connected computer or mobile device.
Wi-Fi Direct Printing: with this option, you can print wirelessly without connecting to a local Wi-Fi network.