It is important to install the USB device software and drivers for devices such as printers, scanners, and copiers, before connecting the USB device to the computer. Make sure you adhere to the installation documentation from the USB device manufacturer. When you are troubleshooting the USB device, you might need to disconnect the USB device from the computer.
The following are the troubleshooting steps on how to fix USB connection is not working on HP Laserjet printer:
- Power: if the USB device runs on battery power, make sure the batteries are not only functional but also properly seated. If the USB device operates on external power, all the power connections should be secure and the power cord should be connected to a power source.
- Check the USB connection: sometimes, the problem can be solved simply by disconnecting and reconnecting the USB device to the computer disconnect all USB devices, including hubs, thumb drives, printers, and cameras, from the computer, except a USB mouse and keyboard. Once all the USB devices are disconnected, do the following:
- For desktop computers, connect the device that is not working properly to one of the USB ports on the back of the computer.
- As far as notebook computers are concerned, the device that is working correctly should be connected to a USB port on the notebook. However, it is not advisable to use a USB port replicator.
Once the device is connected, there can be two possibilities in terms of how to fix USB connection is not working on HP Laserjet printer:
- If the device works correctly, in all likelihood, the problem is related to power or poor overall system performance.
- If the device does not work, leave the device connected and follow the steps below.
- Installing USB manufacturer software: for some USB devices, you will need to install manufacturer software.
- Microsoft easy fix solutions: Microsoft offers a web-based automatic diagnostic repair application, wherein you can simply choose the troubleshooter that is most in sync with your issue.
- Windows update: this will check for operating system updates required for your computer.
- Microsoft System Restore: in case the USB device was working well previously, and became unusable later, you can try this option to go back to a time prior to when the device failed.
- Uninstalling USB Root Hubs: this forces the system to reinstall the root hubs next time you start the computer.
It is important to be well-aware of how to fix USB connection is not working on HP Laserjet printer, as these printers can go a long way in improving your business performance and productivity. These multifunctional devices promise consistent and professional high-speed prints, equipped with innovative features such as Smart Install, Auto On/Off, and ePrint. You can also expect multilayered protection to guarantee complete safety of your data, besides accelerated and powerful printing, thanks to Original HP Tonercartridges with JetIntelligence.