Troubled with printhead errors for your HP Printer 6830? Well, worry no more! This article will help you if you were wondering how to fix printhead error on hp printer 6830.
The general cause for such an error is that the ink cartridges used in your HP printer are not compatible with your printer and therefore form the primary reason for the error message. It is always recommended to use genuine and original HP ink or toner supplies as the compatibility of HP ink with the HP printer increases exponentially. However, if you are using non-HP toner supplies after checking them through the HP anti-counterfeit page, you can resolve the issue as well.
STEPS TO SOLVE THE HP PRINTER 6830 ERROR (RESETTING THE PRINTER):
- Switch “ON” your printer if it is not already ON.
- Wait until the printer is silent and idle before you can continue the process.
- While the printer is turned “ON”, plug out the power cord from the rear end of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the source.
- Wait for at least 30-60 seconds.
- Plug back the power cord in the source.
- Reconnect the power cord from the source to the rear end of the printer.
- Turn “ON” the printer manually if it does not do so automatically.
- Wait until the printer is idle and the error should have been resolved.
STEPS TO SOLVE THE ISSUE (REMOVE THE INK CARTRIDGES):
Generally removing the ink cartridges from the printer and checking for the error message can resolve the issue. Usually, this problem persists because of the wrong use of the cartridges or the degraded quality of cartridges used.
- Open the ink toner cartridge door and wait until the carriage is silent and you can proceed with the further steps.
- The tab you find on the front of the ink cartridge should be pressed to remove the ink cartridge.
- After removing the orange tab on the ink cartridge, if attached, transnfer the ink cartridges to a clean piece of paper. Ensure that the ink opening is pointing up i.e. place the cartridge upside down on the paper.
- The access door on the ink cartridge should be closed.
- Head to the printer control panel to see if any error message is displayed. If not, your issue should have been resolved.
REMEMBER : Do not leave the ink cartridge outside of the printer for more than 30 minutes which may cause damage to both the printer and the ink cartridge.
You can also try the following steps:
- Cleaning of the Ink cartridge vents and contacts
- Updating the printer firmware
- Servicing the printer.
The print-head issue can lead to excessive ink leakage where the printer doesn’t work efficiently and therefore the above pointers will help you resolve the issue, Printer technical support number for you