Thinking of how to fix Officejet Pro 8600 cartridge problem? You can certainly follow a few steps in order to get the issue fixed minus any hassles whatsoever. This issue is usually followed by an Ink System Failure message showing up on the control panel of your printer and you will be unable to print out anything likewise. The first thing to check is whether you are using cartridges that are genuinely compatible with your printer and are from HP or not. You should always use HP cartridges that are genuine and authentic. If your cartridge is not compatible, buy a replacement from the HP Store or any authorized local store.
If this does not solve the problem, you can try resetting your printer by following these steps:
- Turn on your printer and wait until it goes silent and idle.
- Disconnect the power cord at the back and also the one in the wall outlet.
- Wait for more than 60 seconds and then plug both cords into their original positions.
- Turn your printer on if it does not automatically power on.
In case this does not solve your problem, you have to move onto other steps.
More information on how to fix Officejet Pro 8600 cartridge problem
You can try removal of the ink cartridges to fix the issue. You can easily follow these steps:
- Make sure that you slide your fingers into the slot positioned on the left side and then pull forward in order to get the cartridge access door opened easily.
- Wait till the printer goes silent and idle prior to continuing.
- Push in the front portion of the cartridges for releasing them and pull the cartridge back towards you for removal.
- Close the access door and then check the control panel screen for error messages.
You can also clean your ink cartridge electrical contacts if the above method does not work. Make sure you clean with a dry and absolutely clean cloth free from lint or even a cotton swab and use bottled/distilled water for cleaning. Get the cloth moistened and then clean the copper coloured contacts lightly. Removal and reinstallation may sometimes solve the problem.
You can also get your printer firmware updated. Download the update from the official HP site and then get it installed for your printer. Here are the steps to be followed:
- Press the ePrint symbol on the control panel screen of your printer.
- The printer will link to the HP ePrint server accordingly.
- Choose Settings and then Printer Update before choosing Check for Update Now.
You might want to also clean the printhead by following these steps:
- Load white paper into your input tray and choose the right arrow on the control panel of the printer.
- Choose Setup and then Tools and finally Clean Printhead.
- Wait until the entire process is finished and the report is printed.
When it comes to fixing this cartridge issue, removal of the printhead may also be a solution if nothing else works as mentioned above. Along with removal, you can also consider reseating, reinstallation and eventual replacement. These may be the steps needed for getting the hp printer back in shape and this error removed.