Wondering how to fix HP Printer validation failed error? Well, you’re not the only one; this is one of the commonest problems that may occur while using Hewlett Packard (HP) printers. Those thinking how to fix HP Printer validation failed errors have also stated that when this problem crops up, they remain unable to print from their devices. Some have even reported this problem while attempting to print from their wireless printers and HP Computers alike.
Here’s what you need to do if you’re wondering how to fix HP Printer validation failed error:
- First open the Troubleshooter for the Printer.
- Then try opening the search option by using Windows + S hotkey buttons.
- Key in troubleshoot as your specific search keyword in the box.
- Open the Troubleshoot settings for opening up the Troubleshooting tab in the Settings option.
- Click on the Printer and then choose Run this troubleshooter.
- Choose a printer which you want to troubleshoot and then go to Next for understanding the solutions.
If this does not work, you can try resetting your printer as well. Here are the steps to be followed in this case:
- You can disconnect your device to resolve this problem at times.
- First unplug your device from the socket and then the back of the printer when it is powered on.
- Get the USB cable removed if it is plugged in.
- Be patient for a few minutes.
- Thereafter, press and hold down the power button on the printer for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Then, plug the cables and sockets back into their respective positions.
- Turn the printer on again and the error may be fixed.
Other methods for fixing this error :
- appwiz.cpl is what you have to enter in the Open box and then click on OK.
- Choose the software for the HP printer as given in the Control Panel option named Programs and Features.
- Choose Uninstall and then Yes.
- Restart your computer post software removal.
- Thereafter, go to the machine Control Panel and open the Devices and Printers window.
- Right-click on the icon for printer to Remove Device and uninstall it.
- Choose Yes to finish the process.
Post uninstallation, reinstallation may help in solving the problem. You may also try the Print & Scan Doctor from HP for solving the issue. Start this up and then choose the printer where the error is occurring and go to Next. Thereafter, you can select the option named Fix Printing. Some results of the troubleshooting exercise will then come up on your screen. Follow instructions in case any errors are observed.