If you were wondering how to fix HP printer troubleshoot a toner cartridge error, there are several ways and means that you can adopt in this regard. Whenever one attempts to print, there comes up an error message on the control panel or your computer or even a blinking attention light. This indicates that the installation of the toner cartridge is not done properly. This could also be an indicator of the non-genuine nature of the toner cartridge or any other obstruction keeping it from being suitably recognized by the printer.
How to Fix HP printer troubleshoot a toner cartridge error
- Make sure that you are making use of absolutely genuine toner cartridges from HP. The company does not offer any guarantees for refilled printer cartridges or non-HP ones.
- Make sure that you thoroughly inspect the printer and toner cartridge for any paper or packing material which may lead to an error message.
- First turn off the printer and get the power cord disconnected. Get the door for the toner cartridge opened and find packing materials like paper debris, tape or cardboard stuck here. Remove these instantly once you find them. The toner cartridge should then be removed as well.
- Seek out and do away with any extra paper debris or packaging material within the area for the toner cartridge.
- Check and then get the orange tab removed for the toner cartridge.
- Check and then get the protective tape for sealing removed on the toner cartridge.
- For getting this removed, pull away the tab from the cartridge in question and discard the same thereafter.
- Make sure that the cartridge is rocked to the back from the front for suitable distribution of toner.
- Get the cartridge inserted into your printer, close the door and turn on power again.
Some other ways on how to Fix HP printer troubleshoot a toner cartridge error-
- Check your printer for any extra jammed paper or other debris.
- Clean up electric contacts present on the toner cartridge. Use cloth which is lint-free for cleaning up the contact for the toner cartridge or its e-label in a manner of speaking. The access door has to be first opened prior to removal of the cartridge from its designated position. Then, make use of this cloth for wiping clean the cartridge contact on the leftward position (top) of the cartridge.
- You may want to reset your printer as well after this process. Get the power cord unplugged. Wait for a minute or two and then reconnect the cord before powering on the printer.
- A replacement of the toner cartridge with a genuine product from HP could be the final solution to the problem or even thorough servicing of your device by HP Support.