Sometimes, while printing a document with your HP Printer, you may receive an error message ‘Out of Paper’, even though the papers are loaded. This ‘Out of paper’ error message displays mainly when there is any problem with the paper tray of your printer. When this HP Printer Error Out of Paper occurs, you must perform some steps on your HP printer to troubleshoot the error and do your print job. This article tells you how to fix HP Printer Error Out of Paper on your HP Printer.
How to Fix HP Printer Error Out of Paper?
Step 1: Checking the condition of Papers and reloading them
In this step, you have to check the type and condition of the papers because these factors affect the way the printer picks paper. If you have used low-quality papers, then their edges might curl or lift the sheet because of the moisture that it has absorbed. As a result of this, the paper cannot be feed into the printer. Follow the process, to check and reload the paper.
- First of all, remove the paper from the paper tray and examine it to ensure that there is no bent or torn or damage on it. Also, confirm that you are using the same size and type of papers.
- Now align the edges of the paper stack by tapping on a flat surface.
- Use at least 10 or no more than 25 plain sheets to form a stack.
- Now insert the paper into the paper tray properly.
- Then, start the printing process. If the problem is not solved, then to load the papers of different brands and type and again try to print a document.
- If the error is not fixed, follow the next step.
Step 2: Clean the rollers
The presence of dust, paper fiber, and other debris on the pick rollers can also lead to paper feed issues. So, clean the rollers by applying the below steps.
- Switch off the printer and wait till it becomes idle and silent.
- Now disconnect the power cable from the printer.
- Open the printer’s access door and to get access to the pick rollers.
- Now, slightly wet a piece of link-free cloth in distilled water. Do not use tap water or alcohol.
- Now clean the rollers with that cloth by rotating the rollers upward with your fingers. Remove all the dust neatly.
- Then, close the access door and connect the power cord to your printer.
- Turn ON your HP printer and try printing again. If the HP Printer Error Out of Paper is not solved, try the next step.
Step 3: Resetting the Printer
- Unplug the power cord from your printer without turning off the HP printer.
- Wait for few seconds and plug back the power cable to your HP Printer.
- Now turn on your HP printer by pressing the power button.
- Now, print a sample file to check the HP Printer Error Out of Paper is fixed.