If an error message “Unable to Initialize E9” appears while you are printing your documents in full swing, you will probably be startled and may start to think what it means. Why has it occurred? Well, you need not worry. Here, we have listed all the details about the Brother Printer Error E9 and also explained the procedure on how to fix brother printer error e9 all by yourself. So, strictly follow the steps stated below to resolve the brother printer error e9.
The Brother Printer Error E9 is an error message which appears when you are printing the documents. There are two main reasons behind the displaying of this brother error code e9.
- Due to any foreign material that got stuck into your printer. Foreign material means paper bits, packing material, paper clips, dirt and so on.
- Maybe your machine is malfunctioning, and there can be some hardware issues.
So, to fix this error message ‘Unable to Initialize E9’ easily and quickly, you have to follow the troubleshooting steps provided below.
Steps for Troubleshooting Brother Printer Error E9
- Using both your hands, lift the scanner of your brother printer.
- You will see the scanner cover support arm located on the left side of the machine.
- Now, carefully check left-hand and right-hand corners and the center inside the printer and remove any paper scraps, paper clips, packing material, etc. that may be jammed.
- Then, move the print head of the printer from left to right, checking carefully for any paper scraps stuck under the print head. Remove any if found.
Note: If you find the print head on the right-hand side, press and hold down the cancel button for at least 5 seconds until the print head moves to the middle. This will allow you to inspect the right corner inside of the machine for any paper scraps.
- Now, leave the scanner cover openand look at the back of the machine.
- Open the Jam Clear Cover and then open the inside cover.
- Check for any foreign objects or jammed paper and remove them if found.
- Close the inside cover and then the jam clear cover.
- Now turn the printer back around to the front and close the scanner cover.
- If the error is fixed, go to step 11 or else follow the below steps.
- Unplug the printer from the power outlet for one minute and then plug it back in.
- After that, go to step 11.
- Print a Print Quality Check Sheet (PQCS).
- On the control panel of your brother printer, go to ‘Improve Print Quality’ option with the help of up and down buttons.
- Press ‘start’ and a PQCS will start to print.
- If the PQCS sheet gets printed successfully, then there is no issue with your brother printer.
In case, the Brother Printer Error E9 is not fixed even by following the above steps, then your printer needs service.