Connecting the printer to a computer eases the work and makes it more convenient to print. The two methods used to connect your printing machine to the computer are easy and quick. This article lays down the interface type and procedure of how to connect Toshiba printer to computer.
How to connect Toshiba printer to computer: The two methods
There are two methods of how to connect Toshiba printer to computer.
Through USB cable You will have to purchase the required USB cable to connect the Toshiba printer to your personal computer. The USB cable does not come along with the printing machine. You need to connect the USB cable during the installation of the MFP driver and not before it. USB comes along with the AT/PC that is compatible with the personal computer.
Step 1: You will have to insert the USB cable into the printing machine.
Step 2: Connect the other end to your computer’s USB port.
- Through Parallel cable
Step 1: You will have to get an IEEE1284 cable of a shielded parallel interface.
Step 2: Then into the parallel interface connector insert the cable that is located at the rear unit and is fastened with clasps.
Step 3: Take the other end and connect it to your computer’s interface connector.
How to connect Toshiba printer to computer: Add PC/Laptop
- Turn on your computer and connect it to the network using the Ethernet cable.
- Then go to the start menu.
- Select “Devices and Printers” on the right-hand side of the menu.
- Choose the “Add a printer” option from the upper left-hand corner.
- Then choose the “Add a network, Bluetooth, or wireless printer” option.
- Select the “The printer that I want isn’t listed” option.
- A new window appears where you have to select the “Find a printer in the directory, based on location or feature” option.
- Then search for the printer in the directory.
- Connect to the required printer from there.
How to connect Toshiba printer to computer: Interface
- It needs a Type-B connector and 4-pin ACON UBR23-4K2200.
- The cable has a shielded twisted pair with a maximum length of 2m.
- It offers high-speed transmission.
- The signal names and PINs are given below:
- Pin No. 1- +5V
- Pin No. 2- -DATA
- Pin No. 3- +DATA
- Pin No. 4- GND
- Parallel Interface
- It needs a bi-directional parallel interface. A supplied interface cable is used.
- It has a 36-pin ACON RBE-42-36K1153, an equivalent connector, or a female connector.
- It has a shielded type of bi-directional interface. It gives the best results when used with IEEE1284 compliant printer interface cable.
How to connect Toshiba printer to computer: Know more about
Other additional points to keep in mind when reading about how to connect Toshiba printer to computer are:
- If your computer requires a USB 2.0 port to connect to your printing machine, then get a USB 2.0 port.
- The USB 2.0 port will perform with high-speed data transmission, only when the Microsoft USB 2.0 driver is already installed in the personal computer.
- The user programs of the machine should be set in the hi-speed mode to give the fastest data transfer.
- You have to set the machine’s mode on “HI-SPEED” while using the Windows 2000/XP computer.
- You can also use the computer by connecting it to the USB 1.1 port cable.